Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Visit to Tea Gardens at Dooars

On a bright summer afternoon I had the misfortune to be hoaxed by my brother in law Parikshit into believing that there exists a juice shop near Baker Hostel where one can have a big glassful of juice for 5 bucks.
A cab got us there for Rs.30/- & when , after drinking that juice for Rs.10/- (no, not Rs.5/-) I pointed out that everywhere we can have better & more juice at the same rate, he quickly changed subject & instead of defending his choice, offered me to accompany them to the sick/closed gardens of Dooars-where they are going to open medical camps for 3/4 days.
I knew I was being thoroughly swindled.
Probably he wanted me to go so that it becomes easy to convince his parents.
Probably my company would have eased some financial burdens of the group.
Probably...... who knows what was the motive behind the invitation.
Maybe he was just ashamed with the juice incident & wanted to appease me.
We shall never know.
But I gratefully accepted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.