Thursday, May 31, 2007

Raimatang & Chinchula


Next morning was no different from the previous one. But Sumanda was with us & we had the very same breakfast at Neelkamal.
At Kalchini we tried to get some bread for lunch- but there wasn't any.
We went to Raimatang first.
A very special person named Sankarbabu was waiting for us.
He is/was the pharmacist of the garden hospital.
Now it is his hospital ( a doctor visits once a week though).
The garden is his life & so are its labours.

Have you ever tried to describe a dedicated,disillusioned,honest,well versed philanthroper?

Well, I will do gross injustice to him if I try to do so.

All I can say is that if one meets this man, he will meet a human.

He took us to his quarters, offered tea & showed the hospital.

This remarkable man then declined to have the medical camp here. He said that Raimatang still gets a visiting doctor & some help from Govt. agencies, but the adjoining Chinchula garden is not so fortunate. So we better open our camp there.

He took us there, arranged everything at the dispensary/hospital of Chinchula Garden & then left for lunch with Jayanta promising to come back after a few hours. (He did come back as promised, Jayanta got a much needed bath & lunch at his Qrs.)

We started our camp. Sumanda & Jonaki did the most laborious job of taking height/weight of about 250 students/patients & writing the initial card.( I know how tedious it was because I did part of this job at Bharnobari the next day).

When we closed it, it was already 5pm & I developed severe back pain. & of course there was no lunch or tea. If we go on like this for a couple of days, we'll have to attend medical camp for ulcer, malnutrition, low pressure & high temperature.

Bishan felt sick in the middle of the camp & Priyanka had to write prescriptions for him.

After this physical ordeal I was in no position to go out for family survey. Got mute support from the nobodies. And from God.

Rain started.
So we left for Nimta where they make the best roti/chichen Kasha at the roadside dhaba.
It was no exaggeration.
With full stomach we were in no position to savour the excellent snack that sumanda offered us with excellent tea at his house.
We came back home.
Time for deep sleep.
As I told u earlier, sleeping four of us inside a single net is next to impossible.
So we kicked Bishan out.
Where did he sleep then?
Well, if u r so interested, go & ask him. Don't bother me with silly question.
Good night then. ( If only I could kick Parikshit out too, it could have been a better night).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I never heared about your medical camp at chinchula tea garden.because I belongs to Chinchula tea garden

Unknown said...

I requested to you and all humen beings around the world please take care us, we are isolated from the world

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.